I. Brief introduction
Chinese Government Scholarship program is established by the Ministry of Education of P.R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, organizations, education institutions and relevant international organizations to provide both full scholarships and partial scholarships to international students and scholars. MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of Chinese Government Scholarship programs.
The Chinese Government Scholarship consists of full scholarships and partial scholarships, and it is open to undergraduate and graduate students.
II. Scope of scholarships
• Tuition fees
• Living Allowance
• Accommodation （Twin beds room for undergraduates and graduate students）
• Comprehensive medical insurance
III. Required Application Materials
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
2. Applicants should visit http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login and submit the application online. The application will be invalid without online application.
Note: Please check the Agency No. with the Chinese Embassy in your country.
3. Graduation certificate, degree, or diploma must be original documents or certified (notarized) copies either in Chinese or English.
4. Official transcripts of your academic achievement up to the present. The transcripts must be original documents or certified (notarized) copies in Chinese or English.
5. Proof of Language proficiency
Bachelor: IELTS 6/TOEFL IBT 79/TOEIC 750
Master: IELTS 6.5/TOEFL IBT 88/TOEIC800
6. Two recommendation letters from your referees. The referees should be professors or persons who can assess you academically.
7. A personal statement
8. One photocopy of your valid passport
9. Custody release form
10. One photocopy of your Guardian’s passport
IV. Annual evaluation of CGS status
According to the CGS management regulations, the CSC will evaluate the performance of the scholarship students annually. Only those students whose performance meets the requirements are eligible to continue to receive the scholarship for the following year. The annual evaluation of the CGS status usually begins in April. It is based on the students’ academic report (grades), study attitude, class attendance, behavior, rewards and punishments.
The scholarship of those who do not pass the evaluation will be suspended for one year or be terminated completely.
V. Application procedure