The First-Year Students Scholarship is intended for academically (or otherwise) gifted students who need financial assistance to help cover tuition fees. The scholarship is presented in the form of reduced tuition fees, and no payments will be made to recipients. To qualify for a scholarship, students must meet the minimum academic requirements and demonstrate sufficient funds for non-tuition fees, including cost of living, personal expenses, travel expenses, books, etc. As scholarships rarely cover the entire tuition fee, students should be prepared to contribute towards tuition fees as well.
Details of the Scholarship
- Amount: 10% to 100% of tuition fees covered for the first year
- Only Scholarship Applications accompanied by complete Admission Applications will be processed
- Application deadline: 20 December (Spring Enrolment); 20 June (Fall Enrolment)
- Announcement of the scholarship awards: 5 January (Spring Enrolment); 15 July (Fall Enrolment)
- Applicants must apply for admission to a degree program
- Applicants must meet minimum admission requirements for degree programs
- Education background:
- Applicants for undergraduate programs must hold a senior high school certificate with above-average grades (80% and up).
- Applicants for the master’s degree program must hold a bachelor’s degree with above-average grades (80% and up).English proficiency
- Applicants must have taken an acceptable English language proficiency test (i.e. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.) and obtained a score higher than University minimum entry requirements.
- BFSU-SolBridge Scholarship Application Form
- Letter of acceptance
- Letters of recommendation, written in English.
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarship applicants are only eligible for one scholarship at a time
- Students who already hold a scholarship from a third party are not eligible for the First Year Students Scholarship
- BFSU-SolBridge reserves the final right of interpretation of these detailed implementation regulations.
Appendix 1: First-Year Students Scholarship Application Form